Ph.D. from Duke University
- Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies
- Chair, Department of Management & Entrepreneurship, The College of Charleston (South Carolina)
Dr. Shaver’s primary role at Fidía is to advise on, and assist with, the intra- and interpersonal aspects of decision making processes as they relate to strategy development, venture creation, and mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Related issues range from the cognitive processes of the decision makers involved in a transaction to the post-acquisition integration of corporate cultures.
- Social cognition.
- Strategic decision analysis.
- Venture success factors.
- Organizational behavior.
- Statistical methods and research design.
- Leads design team to create psychological measures for an international consortium studying new venture creation and entrepreneurial success.
- Conducted strategic decision analysis to help improve sales and margins in a regional medical products distribution firm.
- Teaches research methods, Organizational Behavior, and Psychology of Entrepreneurship.
- Author of textbooks on Psychology, Social Psychology. Editor of a series dealing with Research in Emerging Organizations.
- Professor of Psychology at The College of William & Mary; Fellow of the American Psychological Society.