Colgate Darden Graduate School, University of Virginia
Dave’s career spans more than 30 years in corporate finance & accounting roles and as a restructuring and turnaround advisor. Most recently, he served as an Interim CFO to financially distressed companies to whom he brings operational orientation and recovery experience to the finance area of the companies.
Over the last 10 yeasts Dave has worked as an interim CFO and financial advisor to medium size businesses in the manufacturing, retail, healthcare and financial service industries. Clients have included middle market companies either in a distressed situation or in a bankruptcy processing. Dave has substantial experience in managing bankruptcy Trusts. Assignments have included litigation support services in the healthcare and mono-line insurance industries.
In addition to treasury, turnaround and bankruptcy experience, Dave has been intricately involved in all aspects of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, both on the sell-side and buy-side.
Prior to his consulting career, Dave had responsibility for the treasury, accounting, tax, budgeting, insurance, and bankruptcy administration functions with two national retailers, Best Products and Circuit City.
Representative Clients for Interim CFO Assignments include:
Heavy Equipment Manufacturer – Client manufactured mining related equipment.
- Served as Interim CFO.
- Focused on managing working capital liquidity issues, capital infusion, and profitability analysis.
Healthcare Outpatient Services
- Served as Interim CFO.
- Focused on working capital requirements, unit profitability and improvement in back office operations..
Representative Clients for Restructuring Advisor and Post Confirmation Chapter 11 Trustee Management Services include:
Solar Energy Manufacturer (solar cells and panels)
- Provided interim FP&A service. Focus was:
- Profitability analysis, cash management, due diligence
- Data room management
- Bankruptcy administration
- Managed post confirmation bankruptcy Trust for creditors.
National Oncology Testing Lab (Client sold operations in bankruptcy sale)
- Managed final wind-down of company and post confirmation Trust for equity holders. Focus was:
- Litigation support for a successful litigation against Debtors’ former accountants
- Litigation support for successful resolution of a $7.6 million working capital dispute
- The recovery of approximately $35 million in federal, state and local tax refund claims and interest
Specialty Surgical Hospital – Client operated 40 room specialty surgical hospital.
- Serviced as Interim CFO. Focus was:
- Managing financial operations through bankruptcy
- The Section 363 sale process of the hospital’s operating assets
- Managing post confirmation wind down of estate and collection of residual assets
Oil & Gas Investment firm – Client was an acquirer and investor in both producing and non-producing oil and gas leasehold and mineral interests across the United States.
- Served as restructuring advisor to the SEC Receiver / Chapter 11 Trustee. Focus was:
- Managed day to day business operations including the Section 363 asset sale process, accounting and financial reporting bankruptcy support activities through plan confirmation.
National Furniture Retailer Bankruptcy Trust – Client was creditor Trust.
- Served as engagement manager. Focus was:
- Conversion of receivables and collateralized assets to cash
- Completion of the claims settlement process for over $1 billion in unsecured claims
- Management of distributions to secured, priority and administrative claim holders.