Mr. Moore founded Fidía in 1991 to provide senior level corporate development services and M&A advisory services. Moore acquired his hands-on business experience by starting and operating corporations including Office America and The Supply Room Companies, ventures that helped initiate the consolidation of the office supply industry.
Moore is a business strategist with a knack for identifying large-scale business opportunities and applying social cognition principles to business situations. Moore’s skill in opportunity identification, industry analysis and strategy development is reflected in his consulting with Circuit City Stores, where he identified the opportunity to create CarMax (NYSE: KMX) by recognizing how to change negative aspects of auto retailing into competitive advantages. CarMax is now an $8 billion, Fortune 500 Company.
Applying his creative and analytical skills to the M&A process, Moore helps Fidía’s clients recognize and benefit from opportunities to sell or purchase businesses. In addition, Moore uses his broad experience in corporate development to assist clients who seek to improve their company’s performance to position it for sale at a favorable price.
Moore also works with not-for-profit and faith organizations in the areas of strategy, venture creation, mergers and consolidations.
Mr. Moore is a recognized leader on the implications of the Aging of America and in identifying ways that this age wave will create both opportunities and threats for companies in virtually every industry – from healthcare to financial services to construction, retail, transportation and technology.
A national speaker on opportunity identification, the Aging of America, and family caregiving, Moore lectures at colleges and universities and keynotes many business and professional conferences. Organizations he has addressed include The Family Business Forum, chapters of the National Association of Healthcare Executives and the National Association of Women Business Owners; the Rosalynn Carter Institute; the California Senate Subcommittee on Aging and Long Term Care; and the Ohio Governor’s Conference On Aging.
- Identifying opportunities and developing concepts and strategies to exploit those opportunities.
- Merger and acquisition advisory and support services, including all aspects of planning and executing merger, acquisition and divestiture strategies.
- Corporate development and business enhancement.
- Improving and packaging companies to increase their value to potential buyers.
- Provided corporate development services, including strategy development and planning and executing creative M&A strategies for companies in the food service, convenience store, furniture manufacturing, office supply, media, health care, printing, child care and construction industries.
- Conceptualized and developed a superstore strategy that transformed the office supply industry; launched an office supply superstore chain that reached $70 million in annual sales before being sold.
- Conceived, planned, secured financing, and launched a roll-up and consolidation of office products distributors and allied service companies.
- Identified the opportunity for a national retailer to enter another industry and alter the way Americans buy used cars.
Relevant Organizational Affiliations
- Virginia Blood Services
- Board Member for six years
- Chair of Strategic Planning Committee
- Chair of Marketing Committee
- The Venture Forum
- Founding Board Member
- Bon Air Baptist Church
- Member of Multi-site Executive Committee
- Member of Mergers/Acquisition Team